The Resource Development team of the It Takes Roots alliance of alliances is planning a special session on organizing philanthropy to resource the grassroots. The session is open to all member organizations in the four sister alliances of It Takes Roots: Right To The City Alliance, Indigenous Environmental Network, Climate Justice Alliance and Grassroots Global Justice Alliance.
This session will include relationship building with other grassroots fundraisers, political education on the history of philanthropy, and space to discuss what future sessions could look like. All levels of fundraising experience are welcome, whether you’ve single-handedly raised millions of dollars for our movements or if you’ve never asked anyone other than your parents for money (both equally terrifying).
You should come to this session if:
– you believe that winning a just transition to a regenerative economy takes a lot resources;
– you’re interested in better understanding and navigating the world of philanthropy;
– you’re frustrated by the lack of funding all of our organizations receive;
– you want to give and receive support around your fundraising efforts;
– you want to join forces with other grassroots groups to get philanthropy to return stolen wealth to our communities.