We Need Your Support
Get Instant Web Updates
We need you to help stop this disaster!
IEN is working with the Campaign to Stop GE Trees mobilize this Emergency Day of Action to STOP GE Trees this TUESDAY, March 3rd and we need your help to make it a success!
Take action in solidarity with Brazilian Indigenous and Front Line Communities, social movements and organizations to stop the legalization of socially and ecologically destructive GE trees
SEND a Copy of the letter to Brazilian officials here. We have included both Spanish and Portuguese versions along with the initial English text. Simply fill out the short form with your name, email and country and click “Submit” The DEADLINE for sending these is Thursday, March 5th / Noon Eastern – Click here to learn more and sign the letter!
Tribal Nations Ask President Obama to Reject KXL and Request Emergency Meeting with Department of Interior
Rapid City, SD – The Great Plains Tribal Chairman’s Association (GPTCA) Chairman and President of Oglala Sioux Tribe, John Steele sent an official letter yesterday to President Barack Obama expressing several urgent tribal concerns about the proposed Keystone XL pipeline’s impact on tribal homelands. The letter urged the President to reject the Keystone XL presidential permit, informed him of a South Dakota Public Utility Commission (SDPUC) process currently happening to recertify the construction permit for that state and requested a meeting with Secretary of Interior Sally Jewell to discuss tribal concerns of the proposed pipeline. The GPTCA is made up of the 16 Sovereign American Indian Tribes in the states of North Dakota, South Dakota and Nebraska.read more
The Paiter-Suruí REDD project in Brazil is often held up as a successful indigenous-led REDD project. In December 2014, REDD-Monitor published an English translation of an interview by CIMI(the Indigenous Missionary Council) with Henrique Suruí in which he gives a completely different opinion of the project.read more
- Tribal Nations Ask President Obama to Reject KXL and Request Emergency Meeting with Department of InteriorFOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Gay Kingman, Great Plain […]
- Leaders of the Paiter Suruí ask that the carbon project with Natura be terminated – new post on REDD-MonitorThe Paiter-Suruí REDD project in Brazil is often held u […]
- #NOKXL VIGIL ACROSS TURTLE ISLANDCALL TO ACTION!!! January 13th, 2015 – 7pm Central Ti […]
- IEN Response to Sen. Murkowski’s Comments on Tsimshian “Gavel”FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Response to Senator Murkowski’s […]
- Dine’ walk against fracking | Nihígaal béé Íina: Our Journey For ExistenceOn January 6, 2015, we will start from the fireplace an […]
NO KXL DAKOTA prepares for SD PUC Dec 9th hearing on TransCanada Keystone’s motion to restrict information available for recertifying pipelinePierre, SD – Tribal members and leaders, farmers, landowners, concerned citizens, as well as a cadre of attorneys, are all headed to Pierre, South Dakota next Tuesday to challenge TransCanada’s attempts to block full disclosure of the facts surrounding... read more
Comments of IEN and NCRA on the Final Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement for the Keystone XL ProjectFebruary 24, 2014 VIA EMAIL AND U.S. MAIL http://www.regulations.gov/#!documentDetail;D=DOS-2014-0003-0001 United States Department of State Bureau of Energy Resources, Room 4843 Attn: Keystone XL Public Comments 2201 C Street NW Washington, D.C. 20520... read more
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
Global Alliance of Indigenous Peoples and Local Communities on Climate Change against REDD+ and for LifeMay 7th, 2013 Dear California REDD Offsets Working Group; Dear People of the State of California; Dear Honorable Jerry Brown, Governor of California; Dear Mary Nichols, Chairman, California Air Resources Board; Dear Ashley Conrad-Saydah, Assistant Secretary for... read more
- Lima Declaration – People’s Climate SummitLima, 11 December 2014 The Summit of peoples climate ch […]
- Brazilian Indigenous Leader: Carbon Trading Scheme “REDD” a False Solution to Climate ChangeFrom Democracy Now The controversial carbon trading sch […]
- REDD on trial“As long as nature is seen as property in law, there ca […]
- Panel finds corporations, United Nations and governments guilty of violating nature’s rightsLima, Peru (Dec. 7, 2014)– The International Tribunal f […]
- Fracking and Lima climate talks slammed at Nature Rights TribunalThirteen judges meet in Peru to hear accusations that t […]